The Corpus Christi Black Chamber educates and advocates by holding events such as:
State of the Black Businesses Luncheon:
Annual event during Juneteenth to highlight
Black Business Week & Show Biz Event:
A week of business roundtable and seminars with A Business Expo designed for
businesses to showcase their products and
Annual Business Brunch– An annual community event during Black History
The Business and Young Entrepreneur
Awards Banquet – Fundraiser focusing on
business and economic development,
recognition of business owners, leaders and
The Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce
is a 501 c6 nonprofit organization
of business organizations and associates. Our Mission is developing, promoting, protecting
and advocating for Black-owned businesses
and other minority-owned businesses in the
Corpus Christi area.
As a unified voice in the community, the Black
Chamber strives to provide resources and
education in the business community for Black
owned and other minority-owned businesses
while assisting with research, access to capital
and opportunities for economic growth.
We are proud members of the U.S. Black
Chamber of Commerce (USBC) and the Texas Association of African American Chambers of
Contact our office or visit our webpage for information regarding Corporate and/or Event
Who Can Join the Chamber?
Any person, association, corporation, partnership, or organization expressing
interest and who will uphold the Purpose and Mission of the Corpus Christi Black Chamber of Commerce.
There are 4 types of Membership*:
- Individual/Associate or Professional: [Associate/Non-Business
Owner, Collegiate/Young Professionals]
- Forprofit Business: Up to 49 employees or members.
- Nonprofit: organizations with a 501c* tax-exempt status
- Corporate: 50 or more employees
Expectations of Members
Members are expected to:
• Attend monthly General Membership
• Represent the Chamber in a professional
manner when attending events;
• Fully support all programs; and
• Participate on committees as a means to
help support the Chamber.
"We strive to make a
difference by educating the
public and expanding
- Membership Pin, Koozie & Coffee mug
- Notification of Events/Procurement Opportunities/Access to Capital Eblasts & Meetings
- Discounts to Chamber Events
- MARKETING & ADVERTISING opportunity via online website Marketplace & chamber events
- ADVOCACY opportunities
- Professional & Business Development and training events
- SPONSORSHIP opportunities
- Subscription to Chamber Newsletter (quarterly)
- DBE certification assistance
- PROFESSIONAL HEADSHOT (if requested)
- Invitation to attend exclusive community events or meetings with corporations.
- Networking Opportunities
- Access to Membership Directory via website
- Company Logo on Chamber Website (corporate level)
- Free Business evaluation with Ellison Helmsman
- MEMBER spotlight on website
- Opportunities to support MLK, Black History Month & Juneteenth Community Service Projects or Events.
Any person or organization may join the
Chamber at any time throughout the year.
Dues will be prorated for the months of
September 1st – December 31st for any person
or organization joining the Chamber during
this time period.
Dues will be payable at the full rate, effective
January 1st of the following year. Dues may be
paid via credit card online. Invoices available,